Friday, December 09, 2005

a living prayer

not sure why all the songs lately. [actually, stay-tuned 'cause johnny cash will be coming up shortly.] but, things are done. finals taken. roommates gone. boxes packed (well, a few). new place to live waiting. job opening. things resolved? not really. but still, no matter. heart leveled.
humbled. peace.
He is my portion, and i lack no good thing.

so now, what made tears run and my hands rise just minutes ago.

a living prayer

In this world I walk alone with no place to call my home
But there's One who holds my hand
The rugged road through barren lands
The way is dark, the road is steep
But He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
This Savior lives inside me there
In Your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer my God to thee
In these trials of life I find
Another Voice inside my mind
He comforts me and bids me live
Inside the love the Father gives
In your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer my God to thee
take my life and let me be
A living prayer my God to thee

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

great song!

where are you headed after graduation?

6:54 am  
Blogger rebekah said...

shelbyville!!!

... i finally hope that things will work out to catch up "in person" :)
... where are you headed for the holidays? i am sure you probably won't be there, but i will be in nashville (probably a lot) the week befor christmas. my dad is having surgery at vandy. if you are around, maybe we could catch each other. maybe coffee at Fidos?
soon!

9:03 am  
Blogger Amy said...

sorry, I hadn't checked back to your blog to see if you'd responded! just got your comment on mine :)

we're headed to Ohio on Thursday night--I'd love it if we could work it out to get together before then! let me know!

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In You're love I find release A haven from my unbelief Take my life and let me be A living prayer my God to Thee