Saturday, October 21, 2006

auctioneer

what: annual bull sale
when: 10/21/2006; 10:30am
where: Eastfield Farms, Shelbyville, TN
why: offered to help marc and megan with registration/food/etc. at the sale

setting: middle of nowhere bedford county, fairly cool morning, 40 degrees. i am wearing jeans and a zip-up sweatshirt. oliver asks where are my boots. he says i don't belong because i am wearing Gap. i don't care.

I walk from marc and megan's house to the barn/sale. At the door i am greeted by a tall thin guy in a cowboy hat and jeans. he has a young face, big smile.

"Hi." He said, forwardly, confidently, not as if to a stranger.
"Hi" I responded awkwardly. I didn't recognize him at all.

"I know you." He said, again, confidently. "It is good to see you."
"Um, hi, i am sorry. Are you sure we know each other?"
"Yes. very sure," He said.

I am beginning to feel like an idiot. "I am so sorry. I don't remember you, are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?"

"No, I am sure... we went to high school together." He smiled, "Rebekah, my name is Aaron, and you may not have know who i was, but i always knew who you were."



gulp.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

what a story--the events and the way you told it--but don't leave us hanging! what happened after that?!

10:01 pm  
Blogger rebekah said...

oh... absolutely nothing :)

don't picture harry connick jr. (from his character in hope floats or anything) -- not that exciting (haha)... the whole scenario was just funny to me.

if only i could have taken a small video clip of this guy as the auctioneer -- HA! and added it as a video clip at the end of the post, that would just make the story p e r f e c t.

2:17 am  
Blogger Todd, Carolyn, Gavin, Tarylor, and Kennedy Bishop said...

Rebekah, I have been trying to find you since I graduated! My name is Carolyn. You were my RA my senior year at IWU. Lots of circumstances!:) I have no idea if you ever received my picture of our little boy or not.
I saw your name on JoEllen's blog and I was so excited! You helped me so much in college at IWU. I think I had the best townhouse ever that year-the Lord knows best!:)
email me (cgtbishop@yahoo.com) or visit our blog http://cgtbishop.blogspot.com/
I would love to hear from you.
Have a great day!
-Carolyn Bishop (Albright)

7:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWKWARD!!! I'd have peed my pants. Bek, I have really enjoyed the latest posts, especially the ones about patients. the proposal story was hilarious--again, AWKWARD! Keep passing those along (as well as other random writings--you're such a great writer)...and don't worry about the heels or the crowds. I hate both, too. Infact, I wish someone would have suggested to me a private wedding on a mexican beach to avoid said circumstances. :) Would have LOVED that. :)

7:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In You're love I find release A haven from my unbelief Take my life and let me be A living prayer my God to Thee