my cup runneth over
well, not really runneth over -- but the cup is filling, which is a good start.
i had a great evening -- complete with swedish pancakes, prayer, and good conversation with friends. all i really can say is "thank you" to the giver of life -- he gave me life tonight.
i met with some of the second year students at john-mark's house -- which by the way, if you haven't seen it, is pretty impressive. he made swedish pancakes for dinner (one of my mom's greatest meals) and then we just talked about the plan for the rest of the semester in terms of the bible study. we will be reading romans. should be interesting. romans is loaded. seriously, some intense doctrine loaded into that one book. yeah, should be interesting. i am excited. then we prayed. okay, let's digress for a quick second, can someone explain this to me: whenever i pray in a group of people, it comes to my turn, i start praying, and somehwhere in there i quickly lose myself. like, i know i am still praying out loud 'cause i hear myself. but, and this might sound crazy, but my head literally spins. i thought i was going to open my eyes and try to focus on something -- or shake my head to clear it -- or something. so, i have two thoughts. was it an issue, of surrendering my control, and just praying...kinda like in the spirit -- but still in english? or was it the enemy attacking so that i could not think clearly? for those of you reading this thinking, "what?" i am serious -- there is a definite change between when i am listening to someone else praying and then when i start -- not sure that i could even tell you what i specifically said.
hmmm. anyway, i really had a nice evening. i am thankful, to say the least, for the fellowship.
i had a great evening -- complete with swedish pancakes, prayer, and good conversation with friends. all i really can say is "thank you" to the giver of life -- he gave me life tonight.
i met with some of the second year students at john-mark's house -- which by the way, if you haven't seen it, is pretty impressive. he made swedish pancakes for dinner (one of my mom's greatest meals) and then we just talked about the plan for the rest of the semester in terms of the bible study. we will be reading romans. should be interesting. romans is loaded. seriously, some intense doctrine loaded into that one book. yeah, should be interesting. i am excited. then we prayed. okay, let's digress for a quick second, can someone explain this to me: whenever i pray in a group of people, it comes to my turn, i start praying, and somehwhere in there i quickly lose myself. like, i know i am still praying out loud 'cause i hear myself. but, and this might sound crazy, but my head literally spins. i thought i was going to open my eyes and try to focus on something -- or shake my head to clear it -- or something. so, i have two thoughts. was it an issue, of surrendering my control, and just praying...kinda like in the spirit -- but still in english? or was it the enemy attacking so that i could not think clearly? for those of you reading this thinking, "what?" i am serious -- there is a definite change between when i am listening to someone else praying and then when i start -- not sure that i could even tell you what i specifically said.
hmmm. anyway, i really had a nice evening. i am thankful, to say the least, for the fellowship.

5 Comments:
ANDY!!! it was not gas from krystals -- and i know about all of that sympathetic response-crap, but i was looking to perhaps an un-scientific reason...'cause it had nothin' to do with a boy and a school room and white haze over the edge of the screen :) promise.
[okay, i know you enough to know that you are rolling your eyes and saying, "right, bek." but seriously.] my point was that this happens in whatever setting.
Hmm...an interesting question. I'd lean toward the former explanation, I think. but I don't know.
I'm curious, what are swedish pancakes?
hey amy -- i will get the receipe from my mom and post it. they are great!
Rebekah? As in yelling-about-boys-across-creative-writing-projects Rebekah?
Sometimes it's so hard to tell who people are from their blogs, cause nobody says "hey, so my name is such-and-such, and this is my blog for today."
Anyway. It's weird I ran into this today (via Amy, via Dottie, I think) cause I've recently had that same head-spinning-while-I-pray thing happening. Just maybe two or three times, but it's weird, and it's exactly like you described it--I know I'm praying but I can't think or hear much because of all the spinning white noise. Hmmmmmmm.
Welll, I'm gonna bookmark you, I hope you don't mind. :) I should go back to work. I took myself off internet surfing, and I'm being a bad girl. :)
take care--
Emily Millikan
(livejournal.com/users/myportion)
Where did you find it? Interesting read zyrtec d Jesus dance 2002 tv emmy award
Post a Comment
<< Home