Saturday, September 10, 2005

Swedish Pancakes

I asked my mom about this recipe and she said that she got it a long time ago from a Swedish woman who lived in the upper peninsula michigan. Well, a little known fact to most of my friends is that my dad is from the upper peninsula michigan and his mother's family immigrated from Sweden. The family history gets a little more interesting when you discover that the Swedish line mixed with the Chippewa (I think) Indians. Okay, and then you add in the Germans. And my sister's soon-to-be baby gets to add in some Mexican and Italian and whoolah you got love this melting pot of a country.

Swedish Pancakes

3 eggs beaten light
3 teaspoons sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon melted butter
1 1/2 cup flour

That is all i have. you probably can cook them in a crepe pan or a grittle or whatever you want. and then you roll them. finish them off with fresh fruit or powdered sugar or whatever. have fun with that. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

thanks--I'm interested to try that! :)

9:14 pm  
Blogger rebekah said...

hey amy! i was in middle tn this wkend, and i almost tried to hunt you down -- but time was too short. some things have happened lately (good things), and it is looking very possible that i may take a job in shelbyville when i graduate. in fact, i may be back as soon as january. i REALLY look forward to spending time with you!

12:23 am  
Blogger Amy said...

awesome! I would love to catch up with you! hopefully before January, but whenever...if you email me, I can give you a cell phone number in case you happen to be around sooner and want to look me up :)

8:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

In You're love I find release A haven from my unbelief Take my life and let me be A living prayer my God to Thee